How to get out of your comfort zone to Enter Growth Zone?
Life is full of opportunities to step outside the comfort zone, but grabbing hold of them can be difficult. Sometimes the problem is not being aware of reasons to do so. After all, if the feeling of comfort signifies our most basic needs are being met, why should we seek to abandon it? In fact, you probably already have many reasons as to why stepping outside your comfort zone will help you grow as an individual, but here are five that are worth repeating and keeping in mind on a regular basis.
Learn something new
Learning something new helps people grow, learn, and think in new ways. By stepping outside your comfort zone, you not only may discover a hidden talent or passion within yourself, but also experience something thrilling and enriching. You will have an adventure. The world is vast and beautiful, with many things to explore and enjoy. Each day brings new opportunities for enjoyment.
Experience new things
You will never know what life has in store for you if you don’t get out of your comfort zone. Whether it’s experiencing new things, stepping out of your comfort zone, or trying something new, these are all keys to personal growth and maturing as a person. Life gets more interesting when we explore different perspectives, make mistakes, and learn from them. When we step outside our comfort zones there is no room for regret because at least we tried!
Benefits of Leaving the Comfort Zone
There are many benefits to stepping outside of your comfort zone. One benefit, for example, is that it challenges your resilience. This can result in feeling more able to handle any situation you come across–even if you have never felt it before.
Another benefit of stepping outside of your comfort zone is that you get out of a self-imposed box and broaden your horizon, which can help you develop new perspectives on life and realize there are many more opportunities than the ones you were focusing on previously.
Change your routine activities
Some of the examples:
- Join a club you don’t know anything about.
- Try a new restaurant that everyone seems to rave about.
- Stop using your favorite word for four days and see how it feels.
- Completely change your hair cut – even if it takes courage, it’ll be worth it in the end when you look in the mirror and see a totally different person looking back at you!
- Get out of your comfort zone by visiting places where you feel unsure of yourself or maybe not welcomed. With time and patience, people will begin to accept you and eventually grow fond of you. You will learn more about yourself while helping others find themselves as well.
Skill Development Experiential Learning Programs by Skillarthi
The team at Skillarthi, including industry experts and educationists, has developed skill development courses for students (teenagers) after rigorous research. The blend of industry experts and educationists have added a new dimension to the course content and curriculum. The courses have been curated with a special focus on experiential learning to maximise the impact. The futuristic courses of Skillarthi challenge the status quo and intend to prepare students to face future challenges and stay ahead in life.
The courses of Skillarthi would help students to add a new perspective and help them in doing their best.
Explore the program Step out of Your Comfort Zone by Skillarthi for Teenagers.
How to join the course or program:
- Students can know more about the program by visiting our courses section
- Schools or educational institutes focusing on improvising the existing curriculum or adding courses/program offered by Skillarthi in their curriculum can mail us on [email protected].
Exclusive – Get a free invite to join the Teenverse and be a Chief Life Officer. Invitation only community for teenagers. Limited slots only.