fbpx

How to Achieve Big Goals by Thinking Small?

Go small to go big- Skillarthi

Exercise to stimulate, not to annihilate. The world wasn’t formed in a day, and neither were we. Set small goals and build upon them.”

– Lee Haney

Did you know that only 8% percent of people reach their goals? That’s right! The other 92% fail within weeks or months. According to researchers, what differentiates the two comes down to one simple thing: setting specific and challenging goals.

Big goals are important to set, but making them seem too grand can cause you to freak out and give up before you start. Instead of aiming directly for your big goal, you aim to create micro habits that support the completion of your goal. These habits are so small that many of them can be done in just minutes. It may sound easy, and it is–that’s the whole purpose of it. But how do you know which habits to choose? We’ll cover that as well in this article.

What's Wrong with “Thinking Big?”

We keep hearing that we can accomplish anything we want, whether it’s saving the world or becoming an astronaut. Unfortunately, that’s unlikely to happen. Sure, you could do it, but it will take years of hard work. For this reason, it’s so important to take small steps toward your goals.

The truth is, what you need to do is to think big in detail. It’s necessary to have detailed information, plans, knowledge, and skills for your big goals to become a reality. That won’t happen overnight.

A big idea doesn’t guarantee success. Anyone can have ideas, but only a few can bring them to life. When thinking big, it’s easier to miss the small details and make costly mistakes. If you fail, you’ll feel disappointed and have a hard time starting all over.

For example, many people dream of building a million-dollar business. However, they haven’t yet learned how to make even $1. To succeed, think big in increments. Focus on making your first dollar, then your first $100, then $1,000, and so on.

Decide on Your Goal

I have a big goal, or you could say I’m thinking big. My goal is to finally complete my collection of all the Harry Potter episode, in order to do this, I will be watching one chapter from each episode per day. Yes, it may seem small and insignificant–but with my plans completed, this tiny step can make a huge difference.

Creating Micro Habits

You want to become a better speaker and you want to do it quickly. Well, you could go straight for the big, long goal of speaking in front of large audiences or create micro habits that will help make you a great speaker. Think You Big. At the end of each day, spend 10 minutes studying one presentation and read aloud what you studied aloud–to yourself!

Think small to go big, and the results will follow!

Skill Development Experiential Learning Programs by Skillarthi

The team at Skillarthi, including industry experts and educationists, has developed skill development courses for students (teenagers) after rigorous research. The blend of industry experts and educationists has added a new dimension to the course content and curriculum. The courses have been curated with a special focus on experiential learning to maximise the impact. The futuristic courses of Skillarthi challenge the status quo and intend to prepare students to face future challenges and stay ahead in life.

The courses of Skillarthi would help students to add a new perspective and help them in doing their best. 

Join the course Success Mindset for Teenagers by Skillarthi. 

How to join the course or program:

  • Students can know more about the program by visiting our courses section
  • Schools or educational institutes focusing on improvising the existing curriculum or adding courses/program offered by Skillarthi in their curriculum can mail us on [email protected]

Exclusive – Get a free invite to join the Teenverse and be a Chief Life Officer. Invitation only community for teenagers. Limited slots only. 

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share This Post

More To Explore